Pirate Literacy Night



Our Family Literacy Nights are a BIG deal at our school!!  Each month, we host a big party in the library (woot! woot!) to encourage parent involvement.  It is the part of my job that wears me out the most but one of the things that I LOVE the most too!!  September was our Pirate Night.  We always have a combination of games, crafts, snacks and oh yeah...thematic books to read.  It really is a fun time and a great way for me to connect with families in my building.  I love it!  Our Pirate Night had 248 people attend- I told you it's a BIG deal!

Making Hand Hooks


Swab the Deck Game
Photo Booth Fun
Decorating Treasure Chests

We also had a Treasure Dig, Walking the Plank, Cannonball Fights, and Pirate Hat Making.  For snacks, we served Pirate's Booty and Ocean Water (blue kool-aid).

We aaaaarrreeee always up for a party in the library!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment