The Wild Robot by Peter Brown Book Review

Okay...so this book...what to say.  I loved most of it.  The first 3/4 of the book was a beautiful story about friendship, motherhood, survival...it had furry woodland creatures and a lovable robot. What's not to love!  And then the last quarter of the book went awry in my mind's happy little forest land that I had built with Roz and Brightbill.  Not to spoil anything- because it is definitely worth the read- but the last part of the book was disappointing and not at all what I wanted for my robot friend and her gosling son.  I don't like books that set up a second book instead of wrapping up the first one and that's what I felt this one did.  I felt as if I was left dangling.

Would I recommend it to students?  Sure.  Are they going to like it?  Sure.  Will I read the 2nd when it comes out?  Sure (even if I am a little begrudging about it).

0 comments:

Post a Comment