November Book of the Month


I first heard this book at a library conference.  I'm not going to lie- I ugly cried sitting there in the middle of a crowded seminar.  I felt a little silly but then I looked around and saw everyone else furiously wiping the tears rolling down their cheeks also. I was completely unaware of the white table and the meaning behind it.  It wasn't soon after this conference that I happened to see a news article about some Chick-Fil-A restaurants setting up White Tables in honor of veterans.  You gotta love Chick-Fil-A!!!  I knew that I wanted a White Table set up in November at my school.  Even though the book wasn't offered in paperback, I thought it was worth spending more to share it with my teachers.  Here's my letter to them and a picture of our own little White Table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment