Walking Fish and Flying Frogs

Steve Jenkins is one of my favorite non-fiction authors to share with my students.  I like his books for the easy readability and the high interest they offer.  I mean...where else would I have learned to never smile at a monkey!!!  I was happy to see his new book (co-written by Robin Page), Flying Frogs and Walking Fish: Leaping Lemurs, Tumbling Toads, Jet-Propelled Jellyfish and More Surprising Ways that Animals Move as one of our Arkansas Diamond Book award nominees.  And while I'm not always great at getting all of the nominees read, I definitely knew this would be one to share with my classes.  It did not disappoint- my students were fascinated!!  I made a little Google Slide to "prove to them that it was non-fiction" and had them do a little response after.  Nothing too ground-breaking but my kids loved it and the rest of his books flew off my shelves.  I'll consider that a library win!!  Here are the links if you would like to use them!



0 comments:

Post a Comment