You've Been Boooooked!

Halloween Reading Challenge
I love Halloween.  I really love Halloween.  Because I love Halloween so much, I have a LOT of Halloween books.  I might say too many Halloween books, but who am I kidding?  One can never have too many books!  I got my inspiration from the "You've been Booed" signs around my neighborhood and the "You've been Booked" program from Shannon McClintock Miller's blog and just put a little Halloween spin.  I didn't want to put any more pressure on my teacher's to buy new books for this program (October is a CrAzY month, right?), I used library books for them to trade.  I bought cute jack-o-lantern bags because...well...I'm an elementary girl and we live in a thematic world!  I love a theme! I just put a Halloween library book in the bag with the You've been BOOOOOked paper and a teacher name checklist and hung them on teacher's doors.  Some of them were parodies (Runaway Bunny/Runaway Mummy, etc.) so I put both the original and the parody book in the bag.  I chose new books, older books that are quality but never get read and some that are just my fave and I know kids will like!  Teachers can read them or not- up to them- and pass them along.  It gets my books circulating, introduces unfamiliar books to teachers and hopefully provides a little happy during stressful parent-teacher conference weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment