Library Rules from the Black Lagoon

Every year, I get sick, sick, SICK of going over library rules.  I know the students get as tired of hearing them as I do!!  As I was thinking about how to liven up this mundane lesson, I brainstormed books to use.  I don't usually like books that are made for a specific lesson- I always want to read quality literature and not books that are in-your-face with a specific lesson tailored to a library standard.   I thought about mean old Mrs. Beamster from the Black Lagoon- at least I'm better than her, right???!!!  After reading The Librarian from the Black Lagoon, I went over rules using this presentation.  Check it out here on Google Slides!
 Click here for Google Slides

If we had extra time, we watched the Teacher from the Black Lagoon and compared her to their new teacher.  This was also a great time to brag on their new teacher and tell them how wonderful she is and what a great year they'll have.  So far, this has been my favorite lesson to go over rules. I did this with 1st-3rd grade but recommend it more for 2nd or 3rd.  Beginning of the year firsties don't quite get some of the humor!  Definitely keeping this lesson on hand for next year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment